Rooms & Features
The Lotus is an imaginative new interpretation of the traditional Kerala houseboat, a unique creation that combines the natural rhythms of the old-fashioned with the modern amenities of a first-class hotel.
The houseboat has been designed to give its guests the feeling of freedom and the luxury of space:
- Each of the two bedrooms (appropriately named Sukhima (‘Happiness’) and Lalima (‘Beauty’) measure over 16 x 13 feet and has solid teak floors. Light and airy with cheerful colours, they have a large glass observation window with insect-proof screen, locally made wooden furniture, ethnic durrie rugs and paintings by a Kerala artist in the traditional temple mural style, as well as an i-pod docking system, safe and hair-dryer. Guests have the option of a fan or state of the art air-conditioning.
- Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom (10 x 9 feet) with tub and shower and delicious organic Fabindia toiletries.
- Each also has its own private sitting-out verandah to enjoy those special moments.
There are two public areas for relaxing and enjoying a drink or a meal:
- The lower Sitting Room (measuring 19 x 19 feet) and
- The upper Sun-deck (33 x 18 feet).
The Lotus Features
Length: 32 meters / 104 feet
Width: 06meters / 18 feet
Two well-appointed, airy and spacious bedrooms each
with a teak floor, state of the art en-suite bathroom and hand-made teak furniture;
Each bedroom has a private sitting-out area and an I-pod docking system;
There is a sun-deck with comfortable sun loungers and an al fresco dining area
A spacious indoor sitting room and dining area;
Ayurveda Massage and Yoga lessons are available on request (extra charges apply).
Bar and modern kitchen;
Private crew-room with attached bathroom;
Resident Captain, personal chef and housekeeping staff;
Silent engine, air-conditioning and fans. We highly recommend a minimum of 2 nights cruise to enjoy the tranquillity and sights that unfold while cruising.